Are you new to the industry? A first time festival, arts centre or company looking to network with other festival and arts professionals? BAFA has a special deal for you. Startup membership is for you during your first two years (once you have run your second festival we will be delighted to welcome you as a full BAFA member).
Networking and Professional Development
- The BAFA Board is drawn from its membership and facilitates new members’ welcome and introduction to the wider membership network of support and advice
- A year round calendar of events including small scale discussion based forums, job specific seminars and the annual Conference for Festivals and A Festival Career conference for students and recent graduates
- All provide an opportunity for members to meet and share ideas with industry experts ‘Festival Focus’ – present a case study on your festival to your peers.
- Each member has its own page on the BAFA website providing exposure to other members, press (see marketing below) and the general public (homepage displays upcoming member festivals)
- Dedicated members’ resources including contacts at other festivals, press contacts, job opportunities and links to other useful resources.
Advocating for Festivals and Arts Organsiations
- Backing campaigns for the arts and culture sector
- Undertaking research including Festivals Mean Business providing a tool which can be used to support funding applications and 'reasons for support'
- Profiling BAFA Members at industry events and beyond the cultural sector.
Save on your Insurance
Receive 20% discount on festivals’ insurance with Graham Sykes. This typically will more than cover the cost of your annual BAFA Subscription.
Information and News
- Regular e-bulletins on current issues affecting arts festivals and inspiration from members
- Details of forthcoming BAFA events
- News affecting festivals published in the members' area of the website in addition to a library of relevant reference articles
- Access to BAFA Partner events, discounts and resources.
A biannual BAFA Members Joint Press release (January and May) containing live links to each member’s page on the BAFA Website, sent to the specialist and national press.
Subscription: £100.00* per year and the BAFA membership calendar runs 1 April - 31 March. Pro rata subscriptions available for members joining at different points during the year.
*Please note that we are willing to accept this payment in instalments if necessary. Please contact us if this would be your best method of payment.