Want to Become a Member?
To join, please click on your category above or alternatively contact us and we can discuss membership options with you.
BAFA membership benefits
Networking and Professional Development
- BAFA provides a year-round calendar of events including small-scale discussion based forums, job specific seminars, the annual BAFA Conference together with our specialist conference for students and recent graduates ‘A Festival Career’. All provide opportunities for members to meet and share ideas with industry experts.
- Each member Festival has its own unique BAFA webpage providing exposure to other members, the media (see marketing below) and the general public (member Festivals dates are displayed on the homepage)
- Dedicated members’ resources including contacts at other festivals, press contacts, job opportunities and links to other useful resources.
- BAFA backs campaigns for the arts and culture sector and undertakes research – Festivals Mean Business 4 is due to be rolled out in 2019
- Profiles BAFA members at industry events and beyond the cultural sector.
Save on your insurance
- 20% discount on festival insurance with Graham Sykes. Typically this saving will easily cover the cost of your annual BAFA subscription.
Information and news
- Regular e-bulletins
- Details of forthcoming BAFA events
- A library of relevant reference articles published in the members' area
- Access to partner events, discounts and resources.
- A twice-yearly members’ joint media release (January and May) containing live links to each member’s page on the BAFA website, sent to the specialist and national media.
- Rates start at just £150 and are based on annual turnover.
- Being a member of BAFA is fun! Conferences are friendly and supportive and you get to meet some wonderful people.