Want to Become a Member?
BAFA is the national development agency for arts festivals: Celebrating, Developing and Strengthening the work of its members. The membership is diverse, ranging from festivals and venues to universities from all parts of the UK. BAFA offers membership packages to festivals, arts centres, venues, agents, arts organisations, representatives from local authorities, universities, students, groups, networks, freelancers, newcomers to the festival industry and those whose careers overlap with festivals.
To join BAFA, click on your category. Not sure where you fit in? Contact us and we can discuss the best option for you.
Benefits of joining BAFA
Each of our membership types offers a tailored package and these are specified on the separate pages. Here is a general list of the many ways in which BAFA can benefit you.
Networking and Professional Development
Join a BAFA tailored social media group now!
- The BAFA Board is drawn from its membership and facilitates new members’ welcome and introduction to the wider membership network of support and advice
- BAFA offers a year round calendar of events including small scale discussion based forums, job specific seminars and the annual Conference for Festivals for festival professionals, and A Festival Career conference for students and recent graduates.
- All events provide an opportunity for members to meet and share ideas with industry experts as well as to contribute to the ‘Festival Focus’ – present a case study on your festival to your peers.
- Dedicated members’ resources including contacts at other festivals, press contacts, job opportunities and links to other useful information sheets and tool kits.
Advocating for Festivals
- Backing campaigns for the arts and culture sector
- Undertaking research including Festivals Mean Business providing a tool which can be used to support funding applications and 'reasons for support'
- Profiling BAFA Members at industry events and beyond the cultural sector.
Save on your Insurance
Receive 20% discount on insurance with La Playa. This typically will more than cover the cost of your annual BAFA Subscription.
Information and News
- Regular e-bulletins on current issues affecting arts festivals and inspiration from members
- Details of forthcoming BAFA events
- News affecting festivals published in the members' area of the website in addition to a library of relevant reference articles
- Access to BAFA Partner events, discounts and resources.
A biannual BAFA Members Joint Press release (January and May) containing live links to each member’s page on the BAFA Website, sent to the specialist and national press.
Being in BAFA is fun! Conferences are held in fantastic locations, gatherings are friendly and supportive and you get to meet some great people.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any of the above further please contact us